Wednesday, March 12, 2014

REVIEW: Garnier Clean Nourishing Cleansing Oil


I had mentioned in my DHC Cleansing Oil Review that I would like to try the new Garnier Cleansing Oil to see if it works comparably well so that I may spend a little less. Here are the results.

 While the product is called "Garnier Clean + Nourishing Cleansing Oil for Dry Skin", I do not believe the usage of this should be restricted to dry skin only. I personally have oily skin and have enjoyed using this oil for makeup removal a few times in the recent past. It is fairly thin in viscosity (not as thin as water but thinner than the DHC cleansing oil). I cannot point out the smell exactly but it is very  heavily fragranced. This might be a problem for skin types which get irritated by fragrance in products. It does a great job of dissolving my heavy sunscreen and foundation. I still stick to using a separate eye makeup remover but the 2 times I tried using just this, the eye makeup (mascara, eyeshadow, eyeliner, the works...) came off easily. When I wash it with warm water, it does emulsify beautifully and gets rid of all the makeup. I do always follow-up with a face wash, though it is not needed.

It retails for US $7.99+taxes for 4.2 oz. (around $1.6/oz.) which makes it much cheaper than the $4.17/oz. of DHC cleansing oil. But when I use the Garnier one, I feel like I am using a lot more product in one use so I will probably end up using it faster. Does that make sense? Maybe the thin-ness of Garnier makes me think I need more to remove the same amount of makeup that DHC removes in lesser amount. I will use the Garnier cleansing oil every once in a while, but I recent stocked up on my DHC and will always keep the DHC one as my stable product of use.

No comments:

Post a Comment