Monday, January 6, 2014

Hair Update

I take vitamins+fish oil, eat lots of protein and drink tons of water. I rarely use heat on my hair. In spite of that, my hair growth is uber slow. The standard hair growth is half an inch per month. Mine is slower. It slowed down since Feb. 2012 when I donated 12 inches to "Locks Of Love" charity. No idea why!

The past month I have used the Gia Nasim Red Hair Oil as mentioned in my prior posts such as this or this. I did not measure my hair before that (I cannot find the tape measure) and I really wish I did. However, last I colored my hair was just before that and so my hair growth is visible in terms of my visible root color (dark brown). It has grown half an inch. And though it is standard growth, I am pleased :-) (only 6 more inches)

However, I feel if I was just as diligent in using another oil, I would get the same results. The oil mixture I use sometimes is as follows: Almond Oil, Castor Oil, Biotique Bhringraj Oil and drops of peppermint or rosemary organic essential oil (as a stimulant). To this mixture, I plan to add Sesame Oil and Avocado Oil and then use the concoction on my hair. I have a feeling that will give better results. But then I will have to stick to using only that oil. Should I try a month of this mixture? What do you think? I was thinking of using up Gia's oil just to get done with it. Let's see. Wait for the next update.

7 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for this! I think I'm gonna try your almond oil idea, that sounds good. I wanted to try Gia Nasims red oil but I asked her about the ingredients and she didn't reply and you mentioned in one of your posts that it's expensive so I'll stick to good old homemade oil mixtures. Also, wow! I admire your dedication, I want longer hair but I'm way too lazy to take proteins and vitamins and remember to drink water lol. I hope it pays off for you, good luck and thanks again! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Belle! I take the supplements just as a part of general nutrition but they're supposed to help hair too. Definitely try the almond oil mix and let me know how it works out for you. Remember that peppermint oil is very important to act as a stimulant and tingle your scalp to promote hair growth.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello...i too wanted to try that red oil but she doesnt reply ony. I sent lyk around 5 to 10 txts. Bt she...doesnt reply. Which is better? rosemary oil or peppermint oil?i have a lil bit f dandruff and a looot f hairfall was there but now,it has reduced cuz i usd red hibiscus leaves and flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello...i too wanted to try that red oil but she doesnt reply ony. I sent lyk around 5 to 10 txts. Bt she...doesnt reply. Which is better? rosemary oil or peppermint oil?i have a lil bit f dandruff and a looot f hairfall was there but now,it has reduced cuz i usd red hibiscus leaves and flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, I recently bought Gia nasim's hair oil. It was very expensive as conversion rate was high. I have not received it. Only today I came across your blog 😥 If I had read earlier, I might not have consider buying. haiz guess i will just think its a one time investment

    ReplyDelete